Product Release Life Cycle
4D Product Release Cycle
|Product Line||Feature Release||4D v19 LTS||4D v18 LTS||4D v17||4D v16||4D v15|
|Original release||N/A||12 JUL 21||16 JAN 20||10 JUL 18||10 JAN 17||16 JUL 15|
|Latest Release||19 R7
(9 JAN 23)
(20 MAR 23)
(13 JUN 22)
(3 DEC 20)
(24 JUL 19)
(25 APR 18)
|End of Sales||JUL 24||17 JUN 22||13 DEC 20||26 JUL 19||30 APR 18|
|End of Support||JUL 24||17 JUN 22||13 DEC 20||26 JUL 19||30 APR 18|
|Latest Hotfix1||3 MAR 23||9 FEB 23||10 FEB 22||31 AUG 20||21 MAY 19||29 JAN 18|
|End of Upgrades2||15 DEC 23||14 JUN 22||18 DEC 20||14 JUN 19|
- Version maintained under development, with fixes and improvements performed. Intermediary Hotfixes are provided to Partners.
- Full-versions and upgrades to higher versions are available for sale.
- Technical support guaranteed to be available.
- Bug fixes are delivered:
- LTS: in regular minor versions, Hotfixes and Nightly builds.
- Feature Releases: Every 3 months with the next Feature Release, and every month with the Hotfixes for blocking deployment issues of the current Feature Release.
- Full version sales and upgrades to higher versions scheduled to be phased out (see table).
- Technical support no longer available, no new bug fixes will be issued.
- Development ended.
- All sales ended. Upgrades to higher versions no longer sold.
- No technical support available.
1 Hotfixes are available to 4D Partners only. Learn more about the 4D Partner program.
2 The valid upgrade period for a product is the time in which an owner of said version may migrate to the latest version at reduced upgrade pricing. After this period, you must purchase a full license.